Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The Halloween Movie Meme
When I'm between projects, there's nothing that clears my head like a good movie meme. And since it's the season of spooks and ghouls, that means it's time for a Halloween meme! Now, as a self-confessed scaredy-cat, I'm probably not the best suited to coming up with a scary movie quiz. And when I do watch horror movies, my tastes skew closer to Jacques Tourneur than Eli Roth. But that doesn't mean I don't love Halloween and the season of fear. There's something to be said for a centuries-old holiday that isn't interested in brotherly love or independence or anything but scaring the pants off you. And to honor this fine tradition, here's a thirteen-question Halloween movie meme, courtesy of The Girl with the White Parasol.
Anyone who wants to answer this meme is welcome to post it up on their blog. If you do decide to do it, please provide a link back to this blog. And if you'd like to respond but don't have a blog of your own, feel free to post your answers in the comments down below. Happy haunting!
1. Who is your favorite movie witch?
2. What is the first movie you can remember being scared by?
3. Name a classic horror film that would be substantially improved by better special effects.
4. Name your favorite Val Lewton film.
5. What movie villain or monster has the most frightening "stare-into-the-camera" moment?
6. What is the most irritating horror film cliche?
7. Are there any movies you refuse to watch alone?
8. Picture an old childhood nightmare of yours. Now try to adapt it to film. Can it be done?
9. Who's your favorite "scream queen?"
10. What is the most disappointing horror remake?
11. We've all seen our share of vampires, zombies, and werewolves on film, but are there any mythical creatures or monsters out there that you think deserve more movies (i.e. golems, changelings, the Minotaur, etc.)?
12. Along the lines of "Scary Mary Poppins," can you think of any non-horror flicks that could easily be adapted to fit the genre?
13. And now, just for fun, pick one movie monster or villain to be remade into a cuddly plush toy, just for you.
Now go do the meme! Joan Crawford wants you to do it!
Just kidding. I have no idea what that expression means and I don't think I want to know.
Note: The first image was taken from 0rchid_thief.