Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Barbara Stanwyck Blogathon, Day 1


And we're off to the races! The Barbara Stanwyck Blogathon has officially begun. It's off to a fantastic start too, with a slew of great writers tackling everything from Stanwyck's sparkling costumes to her status as femme fatale supreme. There's a lot to enjoy here so let's get started. Barbara and the puppy want you to click these links! And leave comments for these immensely talented bloggers. Have fun, all.

July 16

No Man of Her Own (Vienna's Classic Hollywood)

Remember the Night (A Thousand Words)

Sorry, Wrong Number (Thrilling Days of Yesteryear)


The Miracle Woman (Pre-Code.com)


Lady of Burlesque (3B Theater: Micro-Brewed Reviews)


Stanwyck the femme fatale (The Scarlett Olive)


Barbara Stanwyck: an appreciation (The Hitless Wonder Movie Blog)


Stanwyck's costumes in Ball of Fire (Stardust)


The ageless Barbara Stanwyck (A Shroud of Thoughts)

8 comments:

  1. Hooray! It's begun!

    One quick question -- are we supposed to send you a link to our post when it's up? If so, where/how should we do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not necessary. Basically what I've been doing is checking people's blogs and then linking back to the post URL. If someone hasn't posted their entry yet for the day, I just link back to their blog.

      If you want to, you can send me the link in the comments section here but again, it's not required.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job organizing this blogathon, Aubyn. I'm really enjoying the posts so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks, I can't take any credit. I feel like the traffic cop of awesomeness highway and all I have to do is nod at the cars as they go racing by. Everyone's been so prompt and enthusiastic and supportive that it makes my job extremely easy.

      Delete
  4. I've barely started reading these, and already I can tell I'm gonna be all, "Adding that one to the queue. And that one. And that one...."

    Once more, fabulous idea, Aubyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you think I feel? I've already seen most of the movies discussed and yet with each entry I keep going, "Oh man, I gotta see this one again. And this one. And this one." At this rate, my Stanwyck binge will continue until Halloween. They'll have to put me in a recovery program.

      Worth it.

      Delete
  5. Hi there,

    Congrats on this wonderful blogathon, it is truly amazing, and the quality of the entries is superb.

    I recently created an informational website on Barbara Stanwyck, it lauched yesterday, and was wondering if you could give us a shout in your next post with the blogathon entries. We are also on facebook, you can access our page through the website.

    www.barbara-stanwyck.com

    Also, one section of the website includes links to Stanwyck reviews and links to interesting reviews on her films, so I was wondering if I could include a link to your blogathon and review entries in the website.

    Thanks a lot! And Congrats on the superb blogathon!

    ReplyDelete