Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reminder: The Roger Corman Blogathon Starts Tomorrow


This is your friendly neighborhood blog, The Girl with the White Parasol, stopping by to spread the word that Nathanael, over at Forgotten Classics of Yesteryear, is hosting the Roger Corman Blogathon. Starting tomorrow, from June 17 through June 19th, film bloggers will be posting their Corman film reviews. It looks like we've got a good line-up going, ranging from the stylish Poe thrillers right up to the offbeat exploitation films like Boxcar Bertha. Although I can't figure out why nobody pounced on It Conquered the World--maybe next time.

I've pledged to post my review of The Haunted Palace on the 18th. See you then.

2 comments:

  1. Most of my knowledge of Roger Corman stems from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Little Shop of Horrors. He put Beverly Garland on the map, by gum, and that's somethin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I'm not a Corman expert by any stretch of the imagination and I don't think of myself as a sci-fi/horror buff either, so I kind of saw this blogathon as a chance to stretch myself a little. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete